New Cat Helped Louise to Recover From A Breakup
Yes, we have heard this many times that cats heal and help people. We really can’t stop showing that with examples because it’s true! Getting a new cat in the home helped Louise to recover from a breakup with her partner. She is one of Catman’s fans and shared her story with us.
Louise Smith is our friend who has a daughter and two gorgeous cats – Bob cat and Biggie Smalls. Let’s hear her story:
I’m Louise, a single parent to my 7 year old daughter and my 2 fur babies – Bob cat who is 6 & Biggie smalls aka Biggie/Biggles/Bigs who is 1 and has some Maine coon in him.
We got Bob for my daughters first birthday back In 2012 from my sisters cat who had a litter of gorgeous black and white babies. We then got Biggie from a Ad online in 2018 and I just knew as soon as I seen him we needed him!
Bob Was First Love, but Biggie Came at the Right Time and Helped her Recover from a Breakup
While Bob cat was her first love, Biggie came at the right time for her and her daughter. Biggie helped her recover from a breakup and made everything positive.
Biggie came at the perfect time, I would say it was fate! I had been going through a rough time with my ex partner who wasn’t keen on another cat … I went ahead and got Biggie anyway and a week later we broke up. Biggie gave me and my daughter a positive out of a negative and kept us both occupied and full of smiles and our hearts full of furry love!
Bob cat on the other hand was no longer the man of the house and it took him about 6 months to get used to his new house mate and realize he wasn’t leaving anytime soon!
Biggie has a favourite game/obsession and that is pom poms! He will play fetch all day and night! Just shout ‘ pom pom ‘ and he comes running!
Bob is much more laid back and will enjoy a quick game with the feather on a stick until he wants his cat nap, he also has a preference for men. If you tickle his feet he rubs his ear and purrs.
And here are the 10 short questions that Louise answered for us:
1. Do you sometimes talk to your cat?
– I’m not ashamed to say yes, I do. My partner always thinks I’m talking to him when in fact, it’s usually the cats!
2. What type of food do you usually feed your cat/cats with?
– My cats usually eat Tiger brand from Asda along with biscuits and fresh water through the day.
3. Is there a special cat in your life?
– Bob and biggie I can’t choose! Although Bob cat probably knows most of my secrets so I’m glad he can’t speak!
4. What’s your favorite book?
– My favourite book.. it’s hard to choose! I love a lot of authors I love but my most recent favourite would probably be JoJo Moyes – Me before you.
5. Do you have a preference for a specific cat breed or not?
– Nope! I do love Maine coons and Persians though, all that furrrr!
6. Are you against cat declawing?
– 1000% yes! There is absolutely NO reason to declaw your cat. Medical purposes ONLY. That’s so mean and unnecessary.
7. Are people around you (friends, family, partner) friendly towards cats?
– Yes, we’re one big crazy cat family!
8. Do other people consider you weird because you are obsessed with cats?
– Yes, my friends say that my cats get more attention than them! Ha!
9. What do you like the most about cats (in three words)?
– Snuggly, purring, furballs!
10. Are you planning on getting another cat in your home soon?
– I have been VERY tempted. But Bob cat would definitely pack his food and feather on a stick and move out if he had to deal with another Biggie boo trying to rule the roost!
If you liked this story, feel free to contact us and share your story and tell us about your cat/cats. We would be happy to feature it on our blog and Facebook page.
Contact us here or on Facebook.