Cat Lady With 16 Cats: If You Are Not Weird, You Are Boring
I am sure that many would agree with this cat lady with 16 cats. Bianca de la Rie is one of our fans who accepted to do an interview with Catman and share her story about her 16 cats. They are all beautiful and probably every cat lover will understand why she has that many cats.
I’am Bianca and I live in the Netherlands in a small town together with my sister an sixteen cats. The oldest cat is Kimberly, a simple but sweet feline. She is a special needs cat, just like the famous Monthy. Thijn & Passie are two colorpoint twin brothers of 15 years old. Pinball is a Persian black/white man who is a real fighter, his name represents his fight when he was just a few days old.
Kyra and Max are the oldest Shorthairs. They are shy, not many people know them, for us they are the sweetest. Yara is the oldest adoptive daughter of Kyra and Max. She is somehow related to Max, he just adores her. Yara can be not so nice. Guus is a few years younger then Yara. Yara didn’t want to play with him so he got a new brother and sister Lotje & Japie. They played a lot together and not with Guus.
We found an older street kitten in Romania of 4 months old. A foundation just were looking for a home for him that was Syb, a Bengal cat. He loves me like his mother. The little brother of Japie & Lotje was born on the 1st of October that year in a garden of my collegue. His mother was killed in a road accident and the little guy needed a home. He is now 7 kilos and called Panda.
Bieke is a small red girl who was given to a killingcentre in Spain. With another foundation she came to the Netherlands together with her sister who lives with a friend ff us. We also drive for Kittenplace (a local foundation who rescues expecting felines and their kittens).
Happy & Lucky where saved form a burning home together with their mum and sister when they where a week old. Our Alfa feline just died months before Happy and Lucky here saved….they needed a special home with a lot of love and we adopted them.
And Rebel a feline with three legs a though young male who was lived in a house where he and his sister were mistreated. Rebel got his home here and his sister Floortje lives now with a friend of mine.
Bianca, Our Cat Lady with 16 Cats Has Answered Our Questions
Now, our cat lady with 16 cats has also answered our 10 short questions.
1. Do you sometimes talk to your cat?
– Yes,I talk to my cats and they talk back to me. Syb my Bengal cat has always a lot to say!
2. What type of food do you usually feed your cat/cats with?
– My cats eat dry food and wet food from a can. Sometimes they get boilt chicken or fish.
3. Is there a special cat in your life?
– All my 16 cats are special. All with there own story. Thijn is the twin brother off Passie they are almost 15 years old. Sometimes they look like those old men off the Muppets (google it) its funny. Syb has a special place in my heart, why because he is something in between a cat/a child/a dog. He likes to make walks together and likes to play with Gizzy he girlfriend who lives in the nearby.
4. What’s your favorite book?
– My favorite book is Game of thrones (yep all of them).
5. Do you have a preference for a specific cat breed or not?
– No, we have shorthairs, persians and colourpoints.
6. Are you against cat declawing?
– A cat needs his claws. I’am against declawing.
7. Are people around you (friends, family, partner) friendly towards cats?
– Yes, they are! Children in the street even stand still for the house were i live just to see the cats. The youngest Bieke, Happy an Lucky also play with them from the inside of the house.
8. Do other people consider you weird because you are obsessed with cats?
– Maybe, I really don’t care..if you are not weird you are boring. So just being weird is okay.
9. What do you like the most about cats (in three words)?
– They are fluffy!
10. Are you planning on getting another cat in your home soon?
– No, the youngest are Happy and Lucky, 6 months old. For now, we have enough cats…
If you liked this story, feel free to contact us and share your story and tell us about your cat/cats. We would be happy to feature it on our blog and Facebook page.
Contact us here or on Facebook.